SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stopping script execution

I'm using SilkTest 5.5 with HotFix 3. I'm also using the Blue extensions. Is there any way to stop a script from running other than using Shift + Shift? When I use Shift + Shift it does not stop the script. Has anyone else run into instances of Shift + Shift not working?

Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Stopping script execution

Sometimes it takes multiple tries to get Shift-Shift to work. You can also pick Run --> Abort from the SilkTest menu.

Hope this helps.

------------------
    John W Green
    jwgreen@automationexpertise.com
    http://www.automationexpertise.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

... and when all else fails ... go for the "three-fingered salute".

I've found that (on NT) using CTRL-ALT-DEL will almost always interrupt Silk and present the "whaddaya wanna do" (Login/Logout/ChangePassword/etc.) dialog. At that point you can simply click "Cancel" to get back to the session you were in.

It usually preserves the results log and lets me try to figure out the problem.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've found that this problem turns up after I have been running my script over and over with errors or when I have been developing code for a long time, testing it and writing more code. If you shut SilkTest down periodically, every couple of hours, the problem does not seem to come up as often.

MikeF

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I have seen Shift+Shift not working well when your script is in a "for-loop" or a "while loop" such as when you are adding/inserting a bunch of records. And as John Green said "you'll have to press those keys multiple times to get them to work (very unpredictable as to how many times you have to hit them before they get recognized).

------------------