SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help scripting 3270 emulator software

Some of my tests send inputs to a legacy mainframe through a 3270 terminal emulator.

There are a lot of 3270 emulators to choose from. The problem is that every one that I have tried displays the text field of the screen as a custom object.

I have worked around this using the "Save to file" option. My tests then read the screen contents from the file.

This has some limitations.

Does anyone know of a 3270 emulator that uses a screen that SilkTest CAN interface with ?

Thanks for any help,

------------------
    Rob Kapteyn
    Rob Kapteyn, CSTE
    RobKapteyn@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Help scripting 3270 emulator software

We are using Segue's Blue Extensions to test our 3270 application. Blue "translates" the screen into a GUI representation and then SilkTest sees StaticText and TextFields which it will interact with.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Help scripting 3270 emulator software

PowerTerm (http://www.unipress.com/pt/) is a good terminal emulator that you can use. SilkTest won't see the text in the emulator window, but you can use the clipboard to verify what is on the screen. If you are interested in seeing a sample of this type of coding, contact me at the e-mail address below.

------------------
    James Soderborg
    http://www.ameliortech.com
    jamesso@ameliortech.com