SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unable to access IE controls while page loads

I am testing a web app using IE 5.5 VO. I am able to manipulate the BrowserChild windows without any major problems, and I can manipulate browser controls if the page is done loading, but I seem to be unable to access the browser controls directly while the page is loading.

The menus and buttons (Stop, Refresh, etc.) are shown as children of "Notepad" instead of "Browser". The status bar is identified as a child of Browser, but I am still unable to access it (agent call does not proceed).

I am trying to deal with a situation where the page does not finish loading, but I cannot query any of the controls to determine the state of the browser (if it is still attempting to load).

Any ideas?

Thanks.
    -Dan

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Unable to access IE controls while page loads

This is the nature of the VO extension. SilkTest will continue trying to wait until the browser is done downloading before it starts to figure out what objects are on the screen. You will have to use something like:

Browser.WaitForReady (MaxTimeToWait)
    where MaxTimeToWait is the max time for SilkTest to wait.

After this call you can hit the stop button of the browser and then query the page for what it can find.

This is a case where the DOM extension comes in handy.

------------------
    James Soderborg
    http://www.ameliortech.com
    jamesso@ameliortech.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Unable to access IE controls while page loads

James:

Thanks for your reply. I can't use DOM because I need to also test Netscape.

I inserted the following code, but it didn't seem to have any effect (other than a 10 second agent call to "Browser.WaitForReady (10)".

Agent.SetOption (OPT_VERIFY_APPREADY, FALSE)
    Browser.WaitForReady (10)
    Browser.Stop.Click ()

It made no difference whether or not I commented out the SetOption line. "Browser.Stop.Click ()" was never executed.

Thanks.
    -Dan

------------------