User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SetText Too slow in Java Application

Hi there,
    I've been automating a Java Application using Silk 5.01. One problem we are encountering is the speed with which an
    AgentSetText call is being handled. It takes anywhere from 2 to 8 seconds for this to get processed. Needless to say, this makes our data generation scripts quite time consuming. Are there any tips on how to best speed this up. I have all Windows OS's available to me, but find NT to be the fastest.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Re: SetText Too slow in Java Application

Segue has documented a problem with both the TypeKeys() and SetText() methods in SilkTest 5.0.1. They offer a work around in the release notes, however, it didn't work for me. I ended up going back to SilkTest 5.0.0.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: SetText Too slow in Java Application

I did find the releasenotes where some slowdown on Win95 machines could be corrected using an agent option.

Agent.SetOption(OPT_PLAY_MODE, "Win32")

As you indicated, this had no effect.

I am finding settext to be slow on both silk 5.00 and 5.01.