SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trouble Selecting Combo Boxes

I'm new to Silk Test. I have been facing a few problems on my version of Silk Test 5.0.1. I have to Test a web application wherein there are a few Combo Boxes where the selection has to be made and the then the Submit button is used. The problem is that the Select (),SetText () most of the times do not work. It mite be because i'm using IE 5.5.
    So I did used the "TypeKeys(Left("September",1))" on the Combo Box.
    It did work but there is a problem that i cannot work on Months like January or June.
    Any help/ideas on this would be really appreciated.
    Prabh Sharan

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Trouble Selecting Combo Boxes

Sharan,

Can you explain in detail the contents of the comboboxes? are they constants like months, weeks, or days??

I dont have SilkTest5.0, I use 5.5 fix 3 and IE 5.5. Let me try if I can be of any help to you.

Srikanth

------------------
    Habit 1 - "Be Proactive"
    "The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People" by Stephen R. Covey

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A crude workaround could be to rewrite the Select method to something like this:

That'll get around the duplicates. Or, you could do something like this, too:

Typing the first letter of the entry should take you do that entry. If there are multiple items with the same first character, typing that character again should take you to the next one with the same character.

If this is happening on all of your HtmlPopupList objects, you should probably rewrite the class and change the class of your objects to the new class. The below is one way to do that, and safer as it won't go into a perpetual loop if you try to pick something that isn't in there.

I hope this helps.

- Dave

------------------
    Amelior Technology
    dreed@ameliortech.com
    WaltzingRhino.com
    A concerned Borland customer, a fly in the ointment, a wrench in the works.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Srikant,
    The combo boxes contain the 12 Month Names. These are constant. But anyways what Dve has provided over here is good enough for me. Thanks to u both guys my problem is solved.

Prabh Sharan

------------------