SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tags for JavaDialogs with same Caption

I have multiple dialog boxes in my Java application that are recorded exactly the same. The only tags that can be seen for these are the caption and the index. All of these JavaDialogBoxes have the same caption and index, but contain different controls.
    I'm trying to use the unique child form of the tag to distinguish them, but I am having no luck. Here are declarations for two different JavaDialogBoxes:

[-] window JavaDialogBox FileNewSelectType
    [ ] tag "[JavaDialogBox]#1/[JavaJFCRadioList]FlowService/.."
    [ ] parent MainApp
    [ ] WINDOW wInvoke=MainApp.File.New

[-] window JavaDialogBox InputForService
    [ ] tag "[JavaDialogBox]#1/[JavaJFCCheckBox]IncludeEmptyValues/.."
    [ ] parent MainApp

Am I using this form of the tag correctly? SilkTest cannot seem to identify JavaDialogBoxes with these tags anymore.

/sbourdea

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Tags for JavaDialogs with same Caption

The tags should formed without class specifiers, otherwise they should work.

Correct declarations ([JavaDialogBox] removed):

[-] window JavaDialogBox FileNewSelectType
    [ ] tag "#1/[JavaJFCRadioList]FlowService/.."
    [ ] parent MainApp
    [ ] WINDOW wInvoke=MainApp.File.New

[-] window JavaDialogBox InputForService
    [ ] tag "#1/[JavaJFCCheckBox]IncludeEmptyValues/.."
    [ ] parent MainApp

------------------
    Andy Bachman
    Andy Bachman

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Andy's correct, but if you want to save yourself more trouble I would remove the Index tag "#1" because this is more likely to cause problems down the road if Silk can't find the text identifier. What will happen is Silk will just assume that the first instance in your include file where the the Index number matches is the correct Java Dialog (then Murphy's Law will take over).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could you expand on what you mean when you say "I am having no luck"? Are you saying that when you run a test case it doesn't see one or both of the dialogboxes even though your eyes see them on the screen? Are you saying that Record Identifiers doesn't see them or doesn't see them as two different different dialogboxes?

I'm asking because in some cases (I'm not up on the details off the top of my head) the runtime (running a script) behavior will work but the "record" utilities such as Record Identifiers don't work as expected.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is unable to distinguish the dialog boxes at recording time, and most of the time it is unable to distinguish them at runtime either.