SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why HtmlPopupList crashes - my way

I recently figure out why our HtmlPopupList().Select() crashes(you see silk hanging in the middle of selecting).

We call a function to disable table recognition.

BrowserPage.SetUserOption ("ShowBorderlessTables",0,USEROPT_DEFAULT)

Everytime this function is called some of the dropdown selection will crash.

If you reload the page this will not happen, but the problem is when you reload you lose all your input.

Now I am wondering if any of you guys call this SetUserOption function prior to a crashing HtmlPopupList.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Why HtmlPopupList crashes - my way

Sorry to burst your bubble but when our people reported the problem, I reproduced the problem by just writing a main function that merely set the BrowserChild active, then started to do html popup selections. Eventually, it would always fail. I was using the product pretty much right out of the box, as far as Web setup goes, and never tweaked the default borderless tables setting, either through scripting or through the ini file. I used IE 5.5 DOM w/SilkTest 5.5, but trying IE 5.0, VO, SilkTest 5.0.3, etc. failed as well.

(As you know but for the benefit of others, the only known workaround is to use SilkTest 5.5 with hotfix 3, then add the line UseDocumentEvents=FALSE under the [Options] subhead in javaex.ini.)

I wonder if you're seeing some accidental inter-behavior here, because both SetUserOptions("ShowBorderlessTables"...) and UseDocumentEvents are writing to "Options."

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe my message title is misleading 'Why HtmlPopupList crashes - my way '

The above information is what we have. Your point is valid also, because I had the same problem after switching to DOM. VO and DOM can't be one...

It's funny that your .ini file change is in javaex.ini I read somewhere else it's in domex.in (http://www.qaforums.com/Forum1/HTML/002068-2.html).

Somewhere somehow HtmlPopupList is not working with something. It's no big deal for us for now without any fix.

------------------
    Also SetUserOptions modify environment variables for Silk's session. It does more than just write something to a file. For us this is the problematic function.

[This message has been edited by GodKnows (edited 09-18-2001).]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Big mistake on my part! I meant domex.ini, not javaex.ini. I'll see if I made this bad reference anywhere else and correct it. I may have been leading people down the garden path. Thanks for the correction.

------------------