SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Member not defined

Hi, I would appreciate it if someone could help me with this one. I knwo this is basic stuff, but I am unable to get around it.
    I have created some test cases for my web app. and thse are runnign fine, however, at a later date (today) I discovered I need to include some more test cases for extra functionality added. So instead of creating a whole new .inc file I just recorded the declaration for the new section and copied them into my existing .inc and compiled fine. I have a new naming convention setp etc. Now when I created the testcase for this I am returned with an error telling me that my new BrowserChild TestName, say, is
    Member TestName is not defined in window Home.MiddleFrame.EnterLink.TestName

This window is located here int he inc file ok.
    I don't know what is wrong as I have done this before and it worked fine, I am new to this, just 3.5 weeks... all help appreciated

------------------
    ================
    Thanks,
    Tomás.

Quis Custodiet ipsos custodes

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Member not defined

You may need to recompile all the files. The inc file where you added the new declaration needs to be recompiled as well as the testcase file.

Try the Compile All menu item under Run or to be totally sure, delete all files with the extention .ino or .to and then Compile All.

-Zareh

------------------
    Amelior Technology
    zarehk@ameliortech.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It should work fine, as our friend says delete all temp files and recompile or reinstall Silk and do it. BTW reinstalling does not delete user files.

------------------
    Sree
    Sree

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Guys but I have tried recompiling everything and that still doesn't work. I have doubled checked the Use Files are they are correct...

However, this works after using Record - Window Identifiers and from there using the structure that was picked up...so in the testcase now it is :

HOME.MIDDLEFRAME.FxTradingEnter.HtmlPushButton("AD D >>").Click()
    HOME.MIDDLEFRAME.FxTradingEnter.HtmlPushButton("Sa ve >>").Click()

This works fine, but when I try and rename the HtmlPushButton("ADD >>") == ADD and the same for Save in the inc file it doesn't work !

Anymore ideas? Would reinstall really make a difference?

------------------
    ================
    Thanks,
    Tomás.

Quis Custodiet ipsos custodes

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Try to Add Window Tag check box in Options/Agent. Click on compatability tab. Check Add Window tag. Hope it works.
    Thank you
    Pal

------------------