SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HTML Links seen as HTMLText ?

I am having a problem with SilkTest seeing HTML Links as HTMLText. This always happens when the link is within a table (which is inside a table, which is inside another table).

In some areas I found if I put a space between the <TD> tag and the anchor tag, SilkTest will read the link as an HTMLLink. However, this trick doesn't always works. Infact, it only works in about 20% of the cases.

Has anyone else encountered this? Anyone know of a workaround?

------------------
    David Genrich
    Icarian
    333 Moffett Park Drive
    Sunnyvale, CA 94089
    davidg@icarian.com

AJ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: HTML Links seen as HTMLText ?

Is there anything you want to do with these links that you cannot do now?

Even if they are recognized as Text, can't you do almost anything you can do on a link. Example Click () etc...

You can also choose to extend the HtmlText class to have the same methods as HtmlText.

Hope that helps... I got that problem a lot with earlier versions of Silk, but it seems to behave much better now. Except I do get the usual hangup here and there.

------------------
    AJ Alhait
    BetaSoft Inc.
    AJ Alhait
    BetaSoft Inc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which version of silk are you using?

This was a bug I had reported in Silk 2.1.4, but I haven't seen it in 5.0. That said I am finding issues with 5.01 that I thought were fixed in 5.0.

To see if this is the same issue you need to know the URL of the object that is reported as HtmlText instead of HtmlLink, if it is from a different server than the Frame it is in, type classing seems to go out the window for Links, PopUp Lists, Textboxes and some linked images (that was in 2.1.4)

There was no work around, the agent would not accept most nomal methods for the class it thought it was.

good luck.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am using 5.01, but had the same type of problems with 5.0. The links are actually to JavaScript functions to open a page in another frame.

I need to try AJ's response of doing a Click() on HTMLText (I didn't know you could do that).

------------------
    David Genrich
    Icarian
    333 Moffett Park Drive
    Sunnyvale, CA 94089
    davidg@icarian.com