SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Silk 5.5 Slow with Hot Fix 3

I am using Silk 5.5 with HotFix 3 installed (IE5.5 with DOM). I have noticed that Silk seems to be running a little slower overall and on some larger pages with lots of form objects and selection boxes, it sometimes pauses for 5 to 10 seconds or longer. This has greatly increased the time it takes to run the tests.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? Any work-arounds?

Thanks,

------------------
    James Swartz
    ThoughtWorks, Inc.
    651 W. Washington Ave, Suite 500
    Chicago, IL 60661
    James Swartz
    ThoughtWorks, Inc.
    651 W. Washington Ave, Suite 500
    Chicago, IL 60661

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Silk 5.5 Slow with Hot Fix 3

Yes me too experienced similat situation. One way to overcomeis use browserpage. .... instead of recrding the window declaration by some name and using it. Generally DOM is faster then VO.

------------------
    Sree
    Sree

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi -- I just installed the HotFix3 on Monday. I am using DOM with SilkTest 5.5 and my tests are running significantly slower now. I've noticed just working with the application too is much slower. I am considering uninstalling the HotFix. Since there isn't an uninstall for just the HotFix, I will be uninstalling SilkTest and reinstalling. :-)

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been benchmarking Silk Test 5.5 SP1 for the past several weeks. I find that in the DOM mode it is running about 400 percent slower than Silk Test 5.0.3.2.

Segue Belfast has been working with me testing ST 5.5 with no hot fixes, ST 5.5 with hotfix 4 and ST 5.5 with SP1.

They acknowledge there is a problem and Tech Support Belfast has turned the issue over to Segue Development.

------------------
    JimDee
    JimDee

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi SilkTest Users,

I am not sure of the specifics as related to the technical problems you are experiencing, but I wanted to let you know that SilkTest 5.5 Service Pack 2 will be released on Tuesday (tomorrow). Among other things, it provides support for Windows XP and IE6. It also provides improved performance - I have not heard a specific metric and it probably is also dependent on your specific environment and the tests you are running. However, you should see some improvements in SilkTest test execution time with this release! You'll be receiving an email about it from Segue and we'll also have information about SP2 in the next issue of segue@work.

Best Regards,
    Heidi Gilmore
    Segue

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heidi-

Any support for Java Runtime 1.4 (JRE 1.4) in the future?

Anthony

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see the same speed decrease on my machine.
    I am using win2k sp2, IE5.5 sp2, silk5.5 hotfix3(can't go up due to bugs in sp1).

I am very curious why Segue does not provide a matrix about on what system combo Silk5.5 works the best(that on what system they have tested their product on).

I have a call that took 5 hours to start because Silk seems to be loading or attempting to do something.
    Usually the slowness comes between two call statements, and it is not caused by the first call:P We have timer for each calls so it's easy to see where is SLOW!!!!

If it is possible that Segue makes independent hotfixed??? Based on pasted experience(product not tested intelligently)hotfixes tend to break each other. We would like to be able to install what works and what's not(kind of like how IE patches works).

------------------
    Extra info: I just opened up a browser to where the problem was, and I fired off the recording util. Guess what, it takes forever to come back to me. The whole loading part is wrong or something.

[This message has been edited by GodKnows (edited 02-27-2002).]