User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blinking app in taskbar?

Hi everyone,

Here is my problem. The AUT is in two parts, a browser front end, and a small client app that is resident on the local machine. For my testing purposes, I need both the browser open and the client window. I want to press some buttons in the browser, then switch over to the client app, do some things, then switch back.

Here's the observed behavior, though it IS strange. If I JUST use "SetActive ()"'s to switch between the two windows, everything is fine, the switching works. If, however, I do click any buttons on the Client window (that is, do more than just activate it), then when I do a Browser.SetActive () to return to the browser window, it doesn't come to focus, rather, the representitive icon in the taskbar just flashes, as though it WANTS to become active but is waiting for a manual click.

I can't seem to get around this! All attempts at using different SetActive () combinations failed, as well as any practical use of the TaskManager to switch focus between the apps.

I suppose my real question is, is this blinking icon in the taskbar something I can change within windows, to automatically focus the window who is requesting it, rather than "waiting" to be focused? Has anybody seen this?

Thanks a bunch!

Andrew

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Blinking app in taskbar?

Are you using Windows 2000? If so, here is the resolution:

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>
    Originally posted by MDelGrosso on 02-09-2001 02:10 PM

As a follow up, I received this reply from the technician working on this case at Segue.

>>Resolution:

Please set or edit a registry value by double clicking on the fglockto.reg
    file and follow the directions. The fglockto.reg file is located on the
    SilkTest installation CD in \SilkTest\W98_2000. Please reboot after you run
    this file.

Martin<<

I have not tried this yet, as my attention has been diverted to other things. If anyone has continued success with any of these resoultions, please post. Thanks again.

-md

[This message has been edited by MDelGrosso (edited 02-09-2001).]
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The thread about this problem is at http://www.qaforums.com/Forum1/HTML/001354.html

Actually, this is the contents of the reg file. And doing it manually is trivial.

------------------
    kalabog73@hotmail.com

[This message has been edited by kalabog (edited 09-05-2001).]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Blinking app in taskbar?

When u r switching back to client application instead of setactive use maximize and minimize like
    Browser.Minimize () and if its win app then
    DialogBox("Inbox - Microsoft Outlook|$MessageBox").Minimize ()

Just a thought and may help u.

------------------
    Sree
    Sree