SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

can SilkBean Verify the file generated during automation run time on solaris

I have an application which generate some files during automation run time and for test case to pass need to verify if this file exists.Can SilkBean verify this functionality if not is there any workaround.
    Any help appreciated.
    Thanks

AJ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: can SilkBean Verify the file generated during automation run time on solaris

I'm 90% sure that the answer is no.

------------------
    AJ Alhait
    BetaSoft Inc.
    AJ Alhait
    BetaSoft Inc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: can SilkBean Verify the file generated during automation run time on solaris

Well you can do this with SYS_FileExists function. I am not sure about other OS but it works on WIN OS.

------------------
    Sree
    Sree

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only way I've found to do this with the bean is to have the file in a known location (variable pulled from an ini file) and to open the file with my test GUI. We were testing a non-gui application and I wrote a small Java GUI to make calls into the AUT. These calls involved writing and reading xml files, so the AUT was really doing all the work and SilkBean was just driving the homemade GUI and verifying the return values as they displayed in the GUI. If I could write certain values to the file, then open it and get those same values back, I knew the test succeeded. Doubt if this helps your situation, but thought I'd toss it out there and maybe it might spur an idea.

------------------

AJ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are 2 ways to do it. One is to map a drive to the Unix directory using some sort of tool (I forget the exact name) and use SYS_FileExists ()

or

Use the QAP 4.01 agent on solaris! (costly)

------------------
    AJ Alhait
    BetaSoft Inc.
    AJ Alhait
    BetaSoft Inc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi DJGray
    Can you post Java GUI application which I can customise to my application.
    Thanks,
    spoturi

------------------