User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Print message to different machines in Multi-Appl test

Hello,

How do I get Silktest to print/log messages on each machine the agent is running on, while doing multi-app testing?

I've written some testcases that I call from a multitestcase to run in parallel on several machines. In the testcases I log some infos in a file and what happens is Silk writes only one log file, containing all infos from all the machines it's running on, and that, only on the controler, the machine controlling the testrun, from where I started it.

What I want, is Silk to log the info on each machine as if it was running there.

Is there a way to achieve this? And how?

thanks for your help.

------------------
    Silverter - A profi was once a beginner
    Silverter - A guru was once a beginner

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Print message to different machines in Multi-Appl test

Unfortunately I don't have multiple machines to try this out on, but I believe that the File functions (FileOpen, FileWriteLine, etc.) should be performed by the Agent process and, therefore, on the machine the test is running. If not, you may want to try the machine handle operator (look up "machine handle operator" in the help index) or something like this:

- Dave

------------------
    Amelior Technology
    dreed@ameliortech.com
    WaltzingRhino.com
    A concerned Borland customer, a fly in the ointment, a wrench in the works.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Print message to different machines in Multi-Appl test

There's been many posts about opening files on remote machines. Unfortunately I don't remember any of it. Try doing a search on old posts, I believe you'll find what you're looking for.

------------------