User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Using GetRect ()

Hi All,

On my windows application, I have a menu item called "window". It is very similar to the "window" menu within SilkTest.

My question is, that if I tile horizontally or tile vertically a window, how can I test that it is actually do this through SilkTest.

So far I am using the function GetRect(), and that is working fine on my PC. However, my PC is set to 1024 x 768. I want to know if by using GetRect(), if for some reason I need to use another PC will it work if it was set on 800 x 600?

Also, is there another function I could use, instead of GetRect()?

------------------
    Who Tests The Tester...
    Who Tests The Tester...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Using GetRect ()

What you'll need to do is a couple of steps....

First of all, you'll have to do a GetRect on the client area of your MainWin. That is, MyApp.ClientArea.GetRect (). That way you can find out where the ChildWin objects should be tiled and its size.

You'll also have to know which ChildWin objects are open to know how many should be tiled.

After performing the Pick of the MenuItem, you should then be able to do a GetRect on the ChildWin objects to determine if they're being tiled correctly. The first GetRect (on the ClientArea) will be your source of how big the ChildWin objects should be as well as their X,Y coordinates.

- Dave

------------------
    Amelior Technology
    dreed@ameliortech.com
    WaltzingRhino.com
    A concerned Borland customer, a fly in the ointment, a wrench in the works.