User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How Can one capture menus in silk test?

Hello,

I am trying to capture the explorer window. the menus in it are being shown as PushButtons.

The options set in the Record - Window Declerations dialog are as mentioned...
    The Default multitags checked are Caption, index and window ID. Window declaration identifiers "Use the Caption" radiobutton is checked.

Is there any other setting by which i can capture the menu items as items and not pushbuttons?

Will appreciate all inputs.

Thanks,

Ashish

[This message has been edited by Ashish P (edited 08-30-2001).]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: How Can one capture menus in silk test?

Hi Ashish,

As far as I know... explorer always shows the menu items as pushbuttons.... if you find anything let me also know !

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: How Can one capture menus in silk test?

This is the fun part of watching a standard being set, and then not adhered to. Microsoft's API gives developers Menus to use in applications, but then they turn around and use PushButtons with popup-dialogs attached to them to act as menus. This was also true when Win95 first came out. It took them some time to document these 'new menus' and then time for Segue to get SilkTest to treat the menus as every other menu. The same is true of today's MS applications. If you ever want to see what the 'standard objects' of tomorrow are, just get the latest copy of office and look around. In the mean time you have to treat them as a popuplist. Ugly, but doable.

------------------
    James Soderborg
    http://www.ameliortech.com
    jamesso@ameliortech.com