User Tag List

Thread: Test harness

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Test harness

Do Anyone have any harness for silk test which will contain diresctory structure, IV. Project setup, maintenance, and administration,V. Development Environments, etc.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Test harness

Can you restate that question a little differently?

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello I want to know about .opt file and how we can use suite file? what is differance between suite and plan files? how we can customise our results?Is there any facility for file comparison?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

prat,

Well you've asked about a number of unrelated components and capabilities. I'll offer some really brief responses and perhaps more discusson can follow on specifics for those that interest you.

The opt file is an "options" file that allows different configurations of SilkTest. Perhaps you want to configure one way for some tests and a different way for others. Or perhaps there are actually different users of SilkTest on a public machine and each one wants to enable or disable certain options.

Suites and plans are similar but plans are more robust in what they do. Plans allow you to classify tests on a variety of levels and then run only tests that meet certain criteria. Plans are developed within the SilkTest GUI and have the GUI benefits because of that. Suites *.s are really just text files that call each *.t file in succession. Suites are what I use. I'll call suites within suites. I have a fullsuite.s that calls damons.s, georges.s, allans.s etc. Inside each *.s file is a list of *.t files that will run one after the other.

You can customize your results any way you choose to. I choose to override all of Silk's output functions with my own _Print, _Print2 _Print3 _LogError etc. These will nest reslts beautifully. I use a TestObject window type in my include that has this functionality built into it. There is a methodEnter and methodLeave for each test case that announces what is being tested and when it is done. You can write LogSuccess() and LogFailure () methods to do whatever you want them to do. You can write methods to spit out *.txt and *.html results. The beauty of 4Test is that it is a fairly robust language that will allow you to customize things just about any way you want to do so.

As to your last question, regarding file comparrison, what are you wanting to do? Is this a binary compare?

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello DJ
    can u please tell more regarding results.

Thanks in advance

------------------