User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do i connect to remote machine through Silk test

Hi All,
    Thanks in advance. I have my scripts and Agent in my Host M/C . How do I run my scripts from remote M/C.

Regards

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: How do i connect to remote machine through Silk test

Have a look at the multi_cs.t file that ships in the examples directory in SIlkTest. It is a good template for making distributed tests.

------------------
    James Soderborg
    http://www.ameliortech.com
    jamesso@ameliortech.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Look up Connect() in the help. Connect allows you to execute code on a remote machine that has an agent running.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by msrk_prasad:
    Hi All,
    Thanks in advance. I have my scripts and Agent in my Host M/C . How do I run my scripts from remote M/C.

Regards
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    -----------------------

Hello Prasad,

If you want to run your script on another machine, you have to have silk agent installed on that machine.

The machine on which you have the script is known as host machine and on which you want to run the script is known as target..

1)Run Agent on target machine.
    2) Select "Network" from Sys_menu(for sys_menu right click the icon of the agent on taskbar)
    3) Select network as "TCP/IP"
    4) On Host machine, in "Runtime" option, in agent name text field give the name of the target machine and network as "TCP/IP".
    5) Now run your script.
    6) if you are accessing any file that file should be present on target machine.

Even you can record action of the target machine. You can run a script on multiple machine.In silk help you have the code for the same.

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Pratibha
    (pratibha@prabodhan.com)

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Prasad,

Good info above. Check out all of it.

The way you do this depends on what you want to accomplish and how many client machines you want to connect to.

Use the menu option mentioned by pratibhakachi if you are testing against a single remote machine.

Use the code method mentioned by BrianCarroll
    if you are going to have one script testing against multiple remote client machines.

You may also find some helpful information in the client/server testing chapters inthe user's guide.

------------------