SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Netscape Profile Manager - responding to it

I've got a profile manager in the Netscape communicator that requires me to select a profile before the browser actually comes up.

If my browser crashes while testing my web app, I need SilkTest to click on the pushbutton "Start Communicator" in the "Profile Manager" window, so that SilkTest can load the URL to get my system back to the base state. Where would I set this up? I don't want it in the base state setup because then it would look for this dialogbox each and every time the recovery system is invoked, when in reality, it only comes up the FIRST time I bring the browser up. I don't want to change my browser.inc or my netscape.inc files, because then, for each revision, I'll have to keep making the changes.
    Please advise if you have experienced this problem and solved it.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Netscape Profile Manager - responding to it

There is a way of specifying the default profile to use in the command line for Netscrape. Can't recall what it is off-hand. May want to search the archives here.

- Dave

------------------
    Amelior Technology
    dreed@ameliortech.com
    WaltzingRhino.com
    A concerned Borland customer, a fly in the ointment, a wrench in the works.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unfortunately, before posting this topic, I did do a search on this forum and found nothing.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You could get rid of all profiles so you have only a default profile. That would autoload and you wouldn't have to worry about that particular dialog box.
    Or, you could install another instance of Netscape and not set up any profiles. I don't remember if you have to do anything special to make sure SilkTest starts the right instance or not, but that should be easy to change.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If these ideas don't work, trynot using the basestate and code this test as a function to handle it's own errors and restarts. In this way you have control over what happens when there is an error.

MikeF

------------------