User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tricks for verifying PopupSelect?

I use SilkTest and I was wondering if anyone knew of any tricks for verifying items within a PopupSelect menu item (aka: right click menu, or context sensitive menu).

I want to verify that certain items exist (or don't exist) within the menu when selected from a particular dialog or window within an application.

AJ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Tricks for verifying PopupSelect?

I'm afraid that's one of those things are impossible to work with.

Sure you can do it blindly, but there's just no was (using any tool) to do this surely. This also goes for the system tray (bottom right) applications.

------------------
    AJ Alhait
    BetaSoft Inc.
    AJ Alhait
    BetaSoft Inc.

I'm sorry to interfere in this forum, but I would like say that this operation is quite possible to do with WinRunner (from Mercury Interactive) and in a very simple way :
    menu_get_info("menu_item","enabled",value);
    And it works indeed with popup menus (I've just checked it).
    So please, don't talk about "any other tool" that you don't know, AJ...

Thanks.

PS : Yes, I'm a WinRunner user

AJ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry BE

OK no tools that I know <-- and I would have anwered that question correctly if Mercury ever had the smarts to send me an eval copy of WinRunner to learn from, and not be so protective of it.

PS. BE why not register for the forums. You could be a valuable asset with your knowledge!
    ------------------
    AJ Alhait
    BetaSoft Inc.

[This message has been edited by AJ (edited 10-18-1999).]
    AJ Alhait
    BetaSoft Inc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Of course there in SilkTest. Check out the online help topic on "PopupMenu class".
    PopupSelect method is also available.

Gilbert

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the responses. I have tried using different PopupMenu methods with no success. I was really trying to do a GetContents, but keep getting Function PopupSelect does not return a value.

I figured it was a shot in the dark - Thanks.

Dana:

I've appended some code snippets that I hope will be helpful to you. I use this method for verifying the correct contents, item count, enabled, and checked states of popup menus in listview and treeview controls. I use a variation of this for verifying popup menus in the Win95/98 System Tray, but that's a very complicated procedure.

Tony Mrozinski
    Intel Corporation

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tony - Thank You!

I've been playing around with your code and I am having some trouble. The only thing I can think of is that I'm not selecting the menu from a treeview or listview - but a user defined class. I'll post if/when I can get this working.

Thanks again,
    Dana

Dana:

The example code was for a popup menu that appears when clicking an item in a listView, so the click location information that is used to resolve the popup menu's tag comes from the location of the list item clicked.

For your particular application, you'll need to determine the appropriate click location and set the Point to it, which will resolve the tag for your popup menu.

If you are willing to share more detailed information about the implementation of your popup menu, I'd be happy to offer whatever assistance or recommendations that I can. Feel free to email me directly.

Tony

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi,

this is an old - old message, about working with context menus,

but doesn't silk allow you to declare your own popup class and work with it?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AJ:
    I'm afraid that's one of those things are impossible to work with.

Sure you can do it blindly, but there's just no was (using any tool) to do this surely. This also goes for the system tray (bottom right) applications.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

// =====================
    // The Persistent Bugger
    // =====================

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast