SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Connect function no longer functional in Win2000

I'm testing proprietary windows apps. on an isolated network using SilkTest 5.0.2 on Windows2000 platform. Previous testing on NT resulted in successful use of the Connect function when running multiple testcases on different machines. However, I keep receiving the error message: "Unable to connect to machine "..."---Socket connection refused." I tried various configurations of Runtime Options, but still get the error.
    Any suggestions on how to make this work?

the following is a sample of the code...

//this scenario worked in NT. Not sure why
    //it's bugging out now.
    //this allows for all testcases to be run
    //sequentially. Just change the pc# to run
    //tests on other machines.
    Main ()
    Connect (pc#here)
    testcase ()
    testcase ()
    testcase ()
    testcase ()

thanks.

------------------

Jake

[This message has been edited by jehill (edited 08-17-2001).]
    jake

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Connect function no longer functional in Win2000

Make sure that all your machines are running the same version of SilkTest and that they are setup for network (TCP/IP) operation.

Also in the Options/Runtim setting make sure that SilkTest is setup to use TCP/IP to connect to agents.

------------------
    Amelior Technology
    zarehk@ameliortech.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think configurations are required both for the 'Silk Agent' and in 'Silk test run-time options'. Use the same option everywhere, and on target and host also.

I was facing a similar problem when I saw your query on the forum. After a lot of frustated attempts to connect, I found out that 'Silk Agent' also requires to be configured for connect() to work.

I may be wrong. But its working for me at the moment.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the input, guys. I finally got it working Friday afternoon. Now, for some reason I can't get it to work from the testplan. Friday, 8/17, I was running the test directly from the .t file and it worked. I'm now trying to run the same thing from the testplan, but I'm receiving the "Socket connection refused" error again. Agent and Runtime Options are configured identically. Is there something different about the .pln file that I'm overlooking?

------------------
    jake

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the input, guys. I finally got it working Friday afternoon. Now, for some reason I can't get it to work from the testplan. Friday, 8/17, I was running the test directly from the .t file and it worked. I'm now trying to run the same thing from the testplan, but I'm receiving the "Socket connection refused" error again. Agent and Runtime Options are configured identically. Is there something different about the .pln file that I'm overlooking?

------------------
    jake

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

moderator/administrator/executioner/whomever...Please kill this post. It's redundant. Apparently I have an itchy trigger finger and somehow managed a double-post. pow! pow! pow!

Let it be known, however, that all assistance with the topic of this post from my fellow Silkworms is greatly appreciated.

kudos to qaforums!

------------------
    jake