SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

problems recognizing popups correctly

I am testing web apps that have multiple popup windows. When declaring all of my windows, silk records them just fine, giving them logical names and recognizing all the components on each. However, when I record a testcase silk records all of my already defined popups as DialogBox's. When I go in and manually add the code based on my testframe declarations, silk doesnt even recognize the windows at all. What am I missing here?

Thanks,
    jason

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: problems recognizing popups correctly

If your popups are of class HtmlPopupList, then don't use record - actions or record - testcase. That kind of recording doesn't work for HtmlPopupLists, even if you're running SilkTest 5.5 Hotfix 3. Segue already knows about this (documented in release notes for the hotfix, I think). Just use record - windows declarations or record - identifiers to declare your objects, and write your scripting by hand for those objects.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: problems recognizing popups correctly

There is a similar problem in with Standalone Java applications where silk records the wrong parent or sees the child window as a new dialog even though it is tagged correctly.

I only use the actions recorder for basic actions otherwise I write the scripts by hand.

------------------