SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can Silk (test) click on a push button on 2 pages of a browser at the same time?

I have the following issue.

I need to click on a pushbutton atleast in two instances of the same page(actually I want to test for a minimum of 10 windows of the same page)at the same time.

Can I use silk test to click on all of the open instances of the browser(could be 2 windows of IE or one IE and one NN) at the same time? If yes, how?

Thanks

Srikanth

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Can Silk (test) click on a push button on 2 pages of a browser at the same time?

Srikanth

I don't think u can achieve that type of functionality, reason being....windows concept....u can not make two windows active at any given moment....and silk test needs the window to be the active one...to operate upon....

that's what I think....I may be wrong.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Can Silk (test) click on a push button on 2 pages of a browser at the same time?

If you have many machines you might be able to do that. It seems that you want to perform some kind of load testing.

It's easier to perform this by bypassing the gui. Most likely your button will request an action to the server(GET, POST, or SUBMIT).
    Get the url that the request is and simultaneaously call LoadPage()[ or PageLoad)]. There are functions in silk to spawn client thread to simulate users. You can order all the users to do one thing at a particular time.

If you need to perform simultaneous gui operation in one machine it's impossible using Silk(in my opinion).

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Godknows,

How I can I put your idea to use? I can bypass gui. I have machines that can be used for this.

Which are the silk functions that you mentioned?

Thanks, Srikanth

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of the function you can use is the
    spawn()

I think clicking on the button simultaneously from different machines is possible.

Thanks

Rahul

------------------