SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Link not clicked - Y Coordinate is Negative?

CONFIGURATION
    ===============
    SilkTest 5.5 Hotfixes 1 and 2. IE 5.5 SP2. Win2K SP2.

ISSUE
    ===============
    I have several links, all at the very bottom of a framed page, that SilkTest 5.5 will not click on. Silk does not throw an exception. Stepping threw the code in debug mode shows that SilkTest is clicking on the link - just in the wrong location.

What I noticed was the Frame and Client locations where at (12, -53). Can you have a negative Y value? I attached an image of the problem if anyone care's to see.

Funny thing is, I can do a GetFullCaption() and get the link text just fine. It is only when I do a Click() event that the problem appears.

Anyone have any ideas on getting around this? I am going to try to use ExecLine() in hopes of having a hack workaround.

I did contact Segue about this. There response was "It works for us doing a record and playback (using screen coordinates)" - and using Hot Fix 3.

I can't use Hot Fix 3, since it introduced a new bug that input field of type "file", no longer see's the [Browse] button. Reported that to Segue too, but no response.

------------------
    David Genrich
    david@e2Open.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Link not clicked - Y Coordinate is Negative?

So, are the coordinates specified as arguments to the Click method? That is... SomePage.SomeLink.Click (1, 14, -53)?

If so, remove the arguments to the Click method. If none are specified for HtmlLink objects, SilkTest should click in the exact center of the object with the primary mouse button.

- Dave

------------------
    Amelior Technology
    dreed@ameliortech.com
    WaltzingRhino.com
    A concerned Borland customer, a fly in the ointment, a wrench in the works.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, the X, Y coordinates are not specified in the Click(). When Click() is called in htmlpage.inc (Segue file), the location is found to be what appears to be the "reletive position from the top of the frame page". Thus, since the link needs to be scrolled down to, it is giving a negative Y value (since it is off the screen).

Now, with a link object, Silk should automatically scroll. Didn't do that in this case. I tried setting the agent option OPT_SCROLL_INTO_VIEW = true just prior, that didn't help. Tried doing a wLink.ScrollIntoView(), that didn't help. I then did a TypeKeys ("&ltPgDn&gt"). That atleast brought the link into view, but SilkTest still failed.

That all said, I just put on Hot Fix 3 (for SilkTest 5.5). That did fix the problem at least in this current page (there are several pages I am having this problem - when I tried HF3 before, it didn't fix the problem on the first page I found it on). I'll need to try some other methods to get the input type=file bug workaround.

------------------
    David Genrich
    david@e2Open.com

[This message has been edited by davidgenrich (edited 08-14-2001).]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi David,
    I had faced a similar problem, which requires to click on a gif ('itext' in the following code) couple of scrolls away on the scroll bar. When I tried recording the action, I got a negative Y co-ordinate.

I tried removing the co-ordinates from click, it did not work. I tried using scrollintoview() etc, still , it was of no use.

Then I tried something like this,

[-] testcase Test1 () appstate none
    [-] recording
    [ ] PTC.SetActive ()
    [ ] PTChild.DragMouse (1, 1007, 58, 1009, 335)
    [-] if PTChild.itext.Exists()
    [ ] PTChild.itext.Click (1, 46, 27)
    [ ] Print("located itext logo")
    [-] else
    [ ] Print("could not locate itext logo")
    [ ]

And it did work for me(this is without using HF3)!!!

I am sure you would have thought about this. If not,trust this helps you!!!
    Cheers.

Srikanth

PS. Here is an attachment that I downloaded from QA Forums. Trust this also helps you.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If it was an image, then that would be easier. However, it is an actual HtmlPushButton. I even tried X, Y coordinates - not working either.

Segue has verified that this is in fact a bug with Hot Fix 3 (SPR# 28964) so hopefully they will have a speedy fix.

------------------
    David Genrich
    david@e2Open.com