SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Multiple Menus, same name, indexed...

This is yet another "welcome to the world of Java" for me. We have several products that compliment each other that can be installed with the same installer. You select the components you want to install sort of like when you install MSOffice. The interesting thing is that when we take declarations on this "stack" of products, Silk sees the menus for everyone of them. So there are 1 to 5 File menus and 1 to 5 View menus etc. and the are tagged with an index File[2] and File[3] etc. The problem is that the tagging will change depending on the number of products that are installed. So, the actual piece I'm testing has changed three times today alone because I'm installing different pieces. I've tried File<LI> and File* to get around this but to no avail. When I attempt to act on the menu, Silk cannot do so because, as you probably guessed, it is not unique. Hmmm, I may try to turn off the verify unique.

Other than that, any suggestions?

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Multiple Menus, same name, indexed...

Declare the max number of instances of FILE menus, ie., File1, tag file[1], ...Filen, taf file[n]. Your tests will now have to be smart enough to know what to work with.
    OR
    Create a variable

window curFileMenu
    curFileMenu = File2
    Your tests will always use curFileMenu
    see if that works

Tony

------------------