SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Support for Japanese character set with Silk 5.0.3.2

I'm going to have to test an internalization of our product in Japanese. I'm just in the starting planning stages right now. I would appreciate any suggestions on things I'll need to do with Silk to support this. I need to both be able to drive the application by sending Japanese characters, as well as log results using those characters (or some universal equivalent) to log files.

I've scanned the history on this board, and it looks like there are problems with support for Japanese. Does anyone know if Silk is currenlty capable of handling this? I see references to a Beta, but I'm not clear as to what the beta might support.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

-Chris

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: Support for Japanese character set with Silk 5.0.3.2

As far as support on double-byte characters, Japanese, Chinese, Korean, etc, the only version I know that was released a few years back was QA Partner 4.1 (the old name for SilkTest). I'm almost sure that SilkTest 5.0.3.2 does not support double-byte characters or else Segue would have at least mentioned it in their Release Notes.
    You may have to contact their Tech Support to find out more if any newer version is in Beta already or not.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Gilbert (edited 08-13-2001).]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The beta release is for "Silktest International". This is a UNICODE based application. Thus it is supposed to be able to handle all thoese double-byte characters. I heard it can work with localized Japanese Winnt and Win2000. You might want to talk the Segue to know when the GA is available.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mohneyman

check segue@work August 2001

SilkTest International Beta to Ship on July 30
    -----------------------------------

Double-byte support, via Unicode...you asked for it, we are delivering it in the near future! The beta version ships on Monday, July 30, 2001. If all goes smoothly in beta, SilkTest International may be available sometime late in Q3.

if your customer & you can login to segue web site.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you all for the information! I guess we have to hope the beta goes well, and quickly.

-Chris

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you have any feedback on this for the forum? Did you get to try SilkTestI?

------------------
    James Soderborg
    http://www.ameliortech.com
    jamesso@ameliortech.com