User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unable to recognise hidden objects.

Hello,

I am facing an automation problem with SilkTest 5.5. We need to do automation on a project, having a 3-tier architecture.
    The front end being ASP and HTML, middle tier being Visual Basic - Com components, and back end being SQL 2000. SilkTest is unable to recognise hidden objects on an HTML form for this application.

When you perform an action, the objects become visible and SilkTest is not able to recognize these objects.

Could you please help me on the same.

Thanks,
    Suparna

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Unable to recognise hidden objects.

SilkTest pretty much recognizes only what's there on the page load; hidden objects may not be shown. This is particularly true with objects that appear because of JavaScript in the page that makes such objects appear; SilkTest doesn't see a new page load, so it doesn't look to see what's there.

However, you can trick SilkTest into seeing the new objects sometimes by doing a MyPageName.GenerateDecl () after a call that will have exposed such an object. This makes SilkTest re-examine the page. (Replace MyPageName above with the identifier of your page, of course.)

- Dave

------------------
    Amelior Technology
    dreed@ameliortech.com
    WaltzingRhino.com
    A concerned Borland customer, a fly in the ointment, a wrench in the works.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello Dave,

Thanks for your reply. Let me brief u again on the Product itself and how it works (This is based upon our understanding and whatever little info we could gather from the Client)

The application is having a 3-tier architecture, the front end being ASP and HTML, (No ActiveX being used) middle tier being Visual Basic - Com components (Dll's), and back end being SQL 2000. We are accessing the Server using IE 5.5. The Product works in this fashion - whatever request is entered from the UI is sent to the Backend using the DLLs and vice-versa. HTML Data is not downloaded, but generated at the Client end.
    There is a lot of code-hiding done here, even a simple View Source does not reveal the Code on the Browser. Objects such as Textfields or Combo Boxes are seen clearly on the Screen, but Silk Test cannot seem to recognize them. (Silk recognizes them all as Browser Child). When the Client was questioned on this, they did reveal to an extent that there is some invisible code, ie A Combo Box mite appear to us as a Combo Box, but is actually 2 Textboxes - a normal TextBox and a Hidden TextBox, a part of which is seen on the GUI.

Our problem is, Silk does not recognize that hidden Object at all and its recognising these objects as Browser Child.

As you have stated to expose the hidden objects, can you please elaborate on how and where to write this function.If it suits you , I would like to have some online talk with you. My Yahoo ID is : suparna_valecha and I am available in the office from 9 am to 7:30 pm IST or incase this time is not suitable you can inform me about the same and we can work it out.
    My email address is svalecha@snstech.com
    Please reply back soon.

Thanks,
    Suparna

------------------

Hello,
    I believed this is the same problem that I am getting .I open a topic "Can Not declare windows".am I right??

------------------