SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

password encryption??

I need to have my script enter in a username and password, but I dont want the password to be readable by anyone looking at the testframe or script. Is there any function in Silk that generates an encryted password (similar to Astra)?

Thanks in advance.
    jd

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: password encryption??

1)Set user permission on password file under unix, then load the password file from your PC using a mapped drive. Unless you let other ppl to use your machine it would be hard to read that file.

Another way is that you use cvs(gnu version, is free) and only authorized ppl can open your script, and run it.

Or lock/protect your directory

------------------