User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

JavaJFCTable: Column Name area is not recognised

Hi,
    Running Java 1.2 with SilkTest 5.0. I found that JavaJFC Table as a whole is recognised by SilkTest, but, it does not recognise the column name. For example if I have to click on the column name, there is no way I can say click on the column name. The column appears like a pushbutton.
    Another thing is is there any way to find if the column is sortable or not and if yes if it is currently sorted in ascending or decending order. In the table, the column name appears with small triangle on it, if it is sortable. If triangle is V it is decending and if it is otherway like A it is ascending order.
    Thanks in advance,
    Kishor.

AJ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: JavaJFCTable: Column Name area is not recognised

Did you attempt Method discovery, as you may already know you can have SilkTest call Java methods. Either find out what the methods are called from the Recorder, or if the recorder fails, and yes there is a bug that makes it not record all the methods on one machine, but on another it does. (sort of the phase of the moon thing). Anyhow if the recorder does not return those methods, you can ask a developer and it still can use them

By doing so, you can control the Table as you would control any other object.

------------------
    AJ Alhait
    BetaSoft Inc.
    AJ Alhait
    BetaSoft Inc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While I'm not familiar with JFC Table (most of our objects are CustomWin), we do use the java methods provided by the developers. The trick to getting the recorder to pick up all of the methods (with datatypes that Silk can deal with) lies in how your ClassList stanza is set in the Extend/JavaEx.ini file. We have ours set with the AWT Panel and Container set to TRUE. While this makes our window declarations more complicated, it enables us to pick up more methods with the recorder. The few that aren't picked up, we add to the winclass declarations as we need them.

HTH,
    Cynthia

[This message has been edited by cynthia (edited 10-14-1999).]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ask you development team to generate Javadoc's. This will produce a nice web based reference for all the classes/methods of their source base. We use it regularly to and winclass declarations for classes the SilkTest class recorder can't get.
    Kendall Schmidt
    Vignette Corporation
    kschmidt@vignette.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Kishore,

How did you resolve the problem. I have similar kind of problem.

Please let me know.

Regds,
    Ni****
    Ni****