syi
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Verification Questions

Hello,

I have already captured the Window Declaration and Application States and created testcases for an application I'm testing. However, for the second part of my testing effort, I need to verify that when a specific required field (such as the Name field) is left blank, an error message pops up.

I need help to figure out how to tell SilkTest to:

1) delete the information entered in the Name field in my existing script so that I can proceed to get the error message

2) verify that an error message popped up

3) then have SilkTest enter the missing Name field to proceed to the next window.

Is this even possible??

Thank you in advance for your help!! I greatly appreciate the input!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Verification Questions

You could do this with something like the following (assuming that the error MsgBox is declared):

- Dave

------------------
    Amelior Technology
    dreed@ameliortech.com
    WaltzingRhino.com
    A concerned Borland customer, a fly in the ointment, a wrench in the works.

syi
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you very much, Dave!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by syi:
    Hello,

I have already captured the Window Declaration and Application States and created testcases for an application I'm testing. However, for the second part of my testing effort, I need to verify that when a specific required field (such as the Name field) is left blank, an error message pops up.

I need help to figure out how to tell SilkTest to:

1) delete the information entered in the Name field in my existing script so that I can proceed to get the error message

2) verify that an error message popped up

3) then have SilkTest enter the missing Name field to proceed to the next window.

Is this even possible??

Thank you in advance for your help!! I greatly appreciate the input!!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

When I want to do this I create a series of happy path functions for the complete application. I develop a function that does the basic driving to each screen and another that enters the information to be able to go to the next (this can either be hard coded or data driven). I then create functions or testcases that:
    1. Call the "happy path" functions to get me to the screen I want to use
    2. Tests whatever I want to test on the specific screen.
    3. Cleans up any information entered to test objects on the screen. (If you are intersted I have created a function that will clear out all of the information entered in every test field on the screen)
    4. Call the function to enter the correct data on the screen to move forward in my script.

I hope this helps you,
    Mike

------------------