Browser has a child TopParent
    and TopParent has a child 1StLevelParent
    and 1stLevelParent has a 5 or 6 children
    like BCChild1
    BCChild2
    BCChild3
    BCChild4

in all the above lower most children I have a table called
    tblRecords. I have to find out which LowerMost Child is currently loaded. I mean to say using silk which one of the above children BCChild is loaded. it should return me the name of the child say BCChild3. I tried to do GetActive() and its returning the TopParent

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Window Child Identification in Multi Parent Scenario

Have you just tried .Exists () and cycling through the possibilities?

- Dave

------------------
    Amelior Technology
    dreed@ameliortech.com
    WaltzingRhino.com
    A concerned Borland customer, a fly in the ointment, a wrench in the works.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a very interesting one!

Well, let me put it this way... this is much like how OnLoadPage() in browser.inc dismisses common browser dialogs (e.g. Security Information). As you can see it checks for the existence of each possible dialog that may come up, which is not (in my opinion) the preferred way. But this seems to be the most efficient way to do it because the other way that would allow you to know which window will popup requires you to go the browser's settings, query some properties and may even need to know if you are changing from http to https. A simple Exists() call for each expected window is an excellent solution for this and for windows that you can distinguish uniquely from other expected windows.

My good news for you is: since you are clicking on a link I assume that your links are as uniquely identifiable as your child windows. What I mean is if you click on LINK1 then you get CHILD1, LINK2 gets CHILD2... Why do you need to have an expert algo on cases where your actions can actually tell you the next thing to expect/to do? If this is your case then you are in luck, if not you may have to resort to the above (OnLoadPage()) way.

------------------
    kalabog73@hotmail.com

I have a table with tblRecords as a unique name in all the children but the objects under it are different.
    Basically what I am trying to do is click on a link go to a window which has a table in it
    and get the contents of the table by doing Window.tblRecords.GetRowText(), and then verify the contents with the base line. Since the objects inside the table are different for each child. I will not know to which tblrecords of the base test I have to compare these with. So If I knew the immediate parent name say BCChild1 then I will know BCChild1 corresponds to this base line and then I can compare it. So thats where I am having trouble with. If I use .Exists() then I will be limited to the use because if in later they add more children then I have to change my code again. I can use .Exists() for now but I am trying to find more efficient way. please help
    thanks

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by srinvas:
    Extension using: DOM
    Version : 5.0.3.2

Hello Guys Can anyone help me with this problem

I am having a problem with the multiparenting

Browser has a child TopParent
    and TopParent has a child 1StLevelParent
    and 1stLevelParent has a 5 or 6 children
    like BCChild1
    BCChild2
    BCChild3
    BCChild4

in all the above lower most children I have a table called
    tblRecords. I have to find out which LowerMost Child is currently loaded. I mean to say using silk which one of the above children BCChild is loaded. it should return me the name of the child say BCChild3. I tried to do GetActive() and its returning the TopParent

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this should do it

[ ] LIST OF WINDOW lwMainWindowChildren
    [ ] lwMainWindowChildren = YourTopParent.GetChildren ()
    [ ] print (lwMainWindowChildren)

------------------