Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: SilkTest 5.01 and PowerBuilder

Peter,

First, I am assuming you have already checked two things:
    1) re-booted your system after uninstalling 5.0 and installing 5.0.1
    2) you still have the special license.dat file that Segue gave you for PB support

Second, you must enable the PowerBuilder extension at the 2 areas (required).

Third, (I spent about 5-15 minutes on this) try different combinations on whether to start the AUT before SilkTest or starting SilkTest before your AUT. Another one I tried is to start the Agent first. Sorry, I lost track of which combination worked for me, but, the most important thing is I got it to work.

Lastly, I hope you have a saved .opt file from 5.0 or any other file where your class mappings were saved. Otherwise, you'll have to class map those custom PowerBuilder objects all over again... Good Luck!

Gilbert

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SilkTest 5.01 and PowerBuilder

I received my SilkTest5.01 upgrade last week, uninstalled 5.0, installed 5.01-- and found that it could not see any of my PowerBuilder AUTs. I called Segue, got the usual nonsense about not supporting PB anymore, reminded them that they were comitted through PB6.5, and finally got a promise that they would send me files to fix this, but I've heard nothing from them yet.Any PB users out there figured out a fix: ie: can I "migrate" 5.0 PB files into 5.01?

Thanks,
    P...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gilbert,

Thanks for the advice. I installed correctly and turned on the correct extensions, but I never thought to question whether to start the AUT or Silk first, so I'll try that.

Also, I never had to map any custom windows with Silk5.0 and my AUT (thankful for small miracles), so that was not an issue.

I'll examine this some more and post my solution, if I find one.

Peter771.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure if this will fix your problem but some weeks ago i've had the same problem.
    The solution was to add also the pbvm60.dll to the extensions dialog, with PB extension enabled. After doing this twice (on dialogs for agent and SilkTest) and a reboot everything works fine.
    maybe it works - bjoern.