SPONSORS:

User Tag List

HTML Immage in frame file

Hello,
    I have Report Page, which has different columns,like Symbol,Price,Change etc..
    Colum Symbol has different symbol like IBM,AOL as HTML immage.Do I have to script all symbols in frame file?
    What will happen if I add a new symbol OR remove a symbol after creating frame file?
    These symbols are part of reports,depend on what symbol we use in our order.
    Thanks

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: HTML Immage in frame file

Do you care about the images and or are you using the images in any way?

Mike

------------------

MikeF,
    I don't care for immages,my concern is Is it imortant that I have to deal with all immages in frame file.
    Another way to explain problem is that report has 5 column like SYMBOL,DATE,ACTIVITY,TOAL,VALUE. Right now I have 50 Records that means 5x50=250 immages. Do I have to consider all 250 immages?
    If I add some new 100 records which means 500 new immages (Total500+250=750 immages).Will I able to get data or info in my test case about new 500 immages?
    If I removed 50 old records,Is it possible that 50 old immages(which are removed ) will cause test cases to fail?

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I understand better now.

I wrote a function to handle something similar. What I wanted to do was to get the default values for every htmlopoup list on a page, even if I had never gotten the objects recorded in a window declaration. To do this I wrote the following function:

[+] LIST OF WINDOW CheckForClass(DATACLASS dcClass) //Gets the list of objects that match the specified class
    [ ] //************************************************** ***************************************
    [ ] //* This function captures all of the object's and their information on the current screen
    [ ] //* then searches through the stored LIST OF WINDOW for DATACLASS matches equal to the
    [ ] //* input value dcClass. When it finds a class match the object's name is stored in the
    [ ] //* returned LIST OF WINDOW lwMatches. When all of the objects have been gone through
    [ ] //* the values stored in lwMatches is passed back to what called this function
    [ ] //************************************************** ****************************************
    [ ] LIST OF WINDOW lwObjects //Use to store complete list of objects on the active page
    [ ] LIST OF WINDOW lwMatches //Use to store the returned LIST OF WINDOW
    [ ] WINDOW w //Designates the current window
    [ ] WINDOW wObject //Use to store the objects in the lwObjects LIST OF WINDOW
    [ ]
    [ ] w=Browser.GetActive() //Get the active window's name
    [ ] lwObjects = w.GetChildren () //Get a list of all of the objects on the screen
    [-] for each wObject in lwObjects //For every object in the LIST OF WINDOW
    [-] if (ClassOf (wObject) == dcClass) //If the Class of the stored object equals the class passes in
    [ ] ListAppend(lwMatches, wObject) //Append the object to a new LIST OF WINDOW
    [ ]
    [ ] return lwMatches //Return the values in the lwMatches LIST OF WINDOW

Then you have a complete listing of the class type you are looking for on the screen and manipulate them however you want.

Mike

------------------

[This message has been edited by MikeF (edited 08-02-2001).]

Thanks Mike,
    I need sometime to write script( as you explain),but I think it WILL works.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is a copy of the function.

Mike

------------------