User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Application is not Invoked as \"Active\"

Argh!

I have an Java Swing AUT that needs to be closed and reopened multiple times during the test. about 1/4 of the time the application is invoked, but does not come up as an Active window, or one with Focus. It is greyed out as though it is sitting in the background.

I have tried a number of things but to no avail. I am using the Start() method to call the application, and the application never reports back as loaded, so the Start method basically never finishes its job.

It makes no difference if this is run remotely, or on the local machine. Behavior is the same.

Any ideas? BTW, this is very closely related to the question posted by Girja on SilkTest opening multiple applicatons.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Application is not Invoked as \"Active\"

Did you try to run the script with other apps closed, and/or use the alt-tab to set the focus on your app? Never dismiss workaround(nice/ugly).

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

try this type of thing for your app

------------------
    Steven C. Tyler
    Lead SQA Automation Engineer - Timekeeper Central group
    styler@kronos.com

[This message has been edited by styler (edited 07-30-2001).]
    Steven Tyler
    Manager - Performance Engineering

Kronos Incorporated
    tel: +1 978 947 4219

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the reply, both of you.

Styler, innovative approach, but no change. GK, I have not tried the Alt-Tab yet, but that may work. I can put together a routine that checks for the application to be active and keep sending the Alt-Tab keystroke until that is true.

I'll try it.

Thanks.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ever try just creating your own Invoke() methods for the applications you are trying to start by just pointing to the .exe file to start the app?? once your invoke is set, create another method called Exists (nTimeout) which will just check for a particular object in the first window of your app. the Exists () method will be a BOOLEAN with an optional number of seconds for SilkTest to wait until the window appears.

------------------