Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Should I renew my maintenance?

Guys,

What's going on with this company?
    They are consistently losing money.

I heard people say that they might be going out of business soon.

I really hope this won't impact their product releases.

Can someone comment please?

Steve

------------------
    Steve Bertun
    Steve Bertun

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Should I renew my maintenance?

Am just curious, where did you get that news?

Anyway, granted it is true we (SilkTest users) really should worry about this issue. But on the bright side, I know that SilkTest is a very powerful and flexible tool and it's not only me who's got the same opinion. My point is I am sure that some other stable company realizes that there is indeed a potential on this product, and a buyout would indeed prove to be a wise investment in the long run. If I do have the money why wouldn't I buy it, all that needs to be improved is its support and documentation.

Anybody wants to chip-in for an excellent investment?

------------------
    kalabog73@hotmail.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Count me out on the investment deal...I've already lost too much money buying at $8/share only to see it drop to 2-3 bucks.

I think what "the other" Steve was referring to is the company's balance sheet and latest quarterly report. Segue, at current burn rates, must become profitable by Q4 of this year, or secure more financing, to stay afloat. I hope they can pull it off - I like the tool and would like to keep using it.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SilkTest is a truly great product.

But the company, Segue, is really stupid when it comes to marketing, salespeople, technical support and customer relations in general.

Lets hope they go bankrupt so that SilkTest can be bought by someone else. I don't think we could get much worse than what we have now.

------------------
    Rob Kapteyn
    Rob Kapteyn, CSTE
    RobKapteyn@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Rob,

If we're going to hope, let's hope that a company who knows what they're doing buys Segue....

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SteveC,

Lets all hope the company that buys Segue will continue to support SilkTest

------------------
    Steve Bertun
    Steve Bertun

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That would fall into knowing what they're doing, right? I agree, let's hope we don't become similar to Cobol programmers. Although, that one last gasp of glory for Y2K was interesting to watch... My plan to avoid any of that is to always be ready, be educated, and be exposed as much as possible to the industry.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SilkTest is not going away any time soon. I don't see it doing so anyway. Even if Segue goes toes up, the product will live on. It might even change names, but the product will continue on in some form. IMHO it is the best damned tool on the market.

One way to know you have "learned" something is when put it into practice. I believe you can "know" something without having "learned" it.

What Segue needs to "learn" is that sometimes you have to spend money to make money. Along with that, they need to learn that happy customers are repeat customers. Unhappy customers are the death of any company. Segue has not "learned" these truths, and certainly has not learned HOW to keep customers happy.

We are not unreasonable people. Neither are we idiots. We are here as those who use and believe in the value of the tool they produce. Yet, what I hear of, and experience, over and over again, is terrible support. Sometimes I call customer service and feel as though I've forgotten more about SilkTest than the kid on the other end of the phonehas ever known.

There is a way for Segue's stock to rise, and the fact that it is not doing so is no one's fault but their own. It is my sincere wish/hope that they can pull this together!

------------------