SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Is there a function that returns the colum and/or row# by passing the column heading.

I'm testing a java table that allows the user to move the column headings position. ex. column 5 can be moved to column 8.
    If a column is moved, my test fails. I'm need to create a dynamic function that accounts for this, but I can't find a function in the reference book that returns the column or row number.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Is there a function that returns the colum and/or row# by passing the column heading.

As long as the each column heading is unique you can iterate over the list of column headings using GetChildren() then you can just use GetIndex() to return the column #.

------------------
    kalabog73@hotmail.com

Re: Is there a function that returns the colum and/or row# by passing the column heading.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kalabog:
    As long as the each column heading is unique you can iterate over the list of column headings using GetChildren() then you can just use GetIndex() to return the column #.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I appreciate the response, but can you give examples. I already know the Childs name, ConfigurationWorkbenchMetaD.TabbedMetadata.SplMain .JavaJFCTable ("Attributes:"). When I call GetIndex(), a 1 is returned.

I need a function that will basically take a column heading and return the column number. This way, my test will be dynamic enough to handle any shifting of the columns.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't have such a table to work with directly, but something like the following may work.

FindCell may also work. You'll just have to get the column number out of the returned CELL datatype, and that should match up with the index of the column.

Bon chance.

- Dave

------------------
    Amelior Technology
    dreed@ameliortech.com

[This message has been edited by dcreed (edited 07-27-2001).]
    WaltzingRhino.com
    A concerned Borland customer, a fly in the ointment, a wrench in the works.