User Tag List

Thread: Server login

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Server login

I'm trying to do a DBConnect with a database located on a server where there is guest access, however I'm logged into the machine running the scripts as Administrator. The machine tries to use the Administrator login to access the server housing the database. How can I programatically tell it to use a different username?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Server login

Have you read the SilkTest help?

The DB_Connect("con_string") command help tells you that you can login as a different user if the odbc driver supports it. The key part of the help is 'See your supplier's reference manual for the format of the string required for your driver'.

Example
    hdbc = DB_Connect("DSN=QESS;SVR=PIONI;UID=sa;PWD=tester")

Regards,

Andrew

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Server login

Thanks for your reply, however the DB_Connect function's username and password is for accessing the database file itself, it's not used for authenticating you on the server. I'm not sure if I clearly explained my problem.

Any other ideas?

Thanks!