Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Silk Test & Swing

Hi,
    I've configured Silk Test Java Support (installed Java2 SKD 1.3, Run Status Utility to verify class Path....) all looks OK, but when I record the declaration of the Java application under test, all it captures is the title of the main dialog box and couple of customWin !! Is there a way to configure Silk properly to have see all menus, sub menus, and the rest of the buttons and check boxes???
    Thanks

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Silk Test & Swing

I presume your application is being run by a JVM and not a special loader application. If this is the case then it sounds like the jar file is not being picked up.

Check you classpath ensure that the silk jar is the first entry in the list. If any entry in the classpath contains an invalid character the JVM fails to load the rest of the classpath.

If this is all correct check that the Agent is loading the extension open your application then check what extensions are loaded by the agent.

If this is not your problem and you are using a Hotspot JVM(this can cause problems in some situations) try the "-classic" command line option.

I am sure there are more situations which stop silk interacting properly with java but these are the ones I have come across.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rob,

What is a "Hotspot JVM?"

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hotspot is an optimised version of the JVM which is shipped with J2SE 1.3+. Early version interferred with Debugging and Profiling. This I believe has been fixed but I have seen other tool vendors recommend using the -classic option which forces the Classic or Exact JVM to run.

If the new version of hotspot works better with silk then the resource optimistations included should mean dramatic improvements in silk.

------------------

[This message has been edited by rob_itd (edited 07-24-2001).]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi sziadeh,

I too was facing the same problem.... but some one really friendly in this forum helped me out...

Just lemme explain.

1.When you run an Swing application one .exe file (Java.exe might be) will be running with it in the backend.

2.This exe will be in a folder called "bin" somewhere...(Could be in the Java installation directory or your application installation directory)

3. Just see that whether you have any folder called "Lib" with this "Bin" folder.

4. Check whether you have a "Ext" folder in this "Lib" folder....(If not create one)

5. Now...Paste the SilkTest_java2.jar file in this folder.

Check how Silk is declaring the windows.

I may be wrong ..... but this process helped e out....friends please correct me...

Baseer
    (real_qa_guy@yahoo.com)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No need Baseer! You're right on target. With JDK1.2 and above, you will find in the install directory of that JDK a jre/lib/ext folder. So, you path might look like C:\jdk1.3.0_02\jre\lib\ext or something similar.

What happens here is, some aplications will start with a batch command wherein the command uses the -cp or -classpath command to override the system classpath. When this happens, you environment variable that included the SilkTest_Java2.jar file is now overridden and not being picked up.

Placing your jar file in this jre/lib/ext folder will force the VM to pick it up regardless of what other classpath may be in place.

I stumbled across this when working with InstallAnywhere because they establish a classpath AFTER the install has kicked off, so there was no possibility of getting the jar file into that classpath prior to kicking off the install.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had the same problem. I solved it going in Option/Extension and chosing Java. Perheaps I am totaly wrong and it isn't your problem.

Francoise

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks All,
    Now, I can see some meaningfull declaration of the application but when I run the recorded testcase that includes clicking (expanding) tree view branch, the branch is not expanding. Though, silk test thinks it has done that but couldn't find an item inside that branch. When I debug the script, SilkTest executes the step that include selecting or expanding the tree view but the tree never gets expanded or selected. i.e.
    JavaJFCChildWin1.JavaxSwingJSplitPane.JavaxSwingJT ree.Expand ("CONFIG")

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is the error message I get
    { ] *** Error: Control is not responding
    [ ] Occurred in Select

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Friends,

will it work

JavaJFCChildWin1.JavaxSwingJSplitPane.JavaxSwingJT ree.Select ("CONFIG")

JavaJFCChildWin1.TypeKeys ("Right")

(Just add tags to the word Right above)

Baseer

[This message has been edited by Baseer (edited 07-27-2001).]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast