SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unable to click offscreen object in browser

Hi -- I tried searching the archives for any advice on this problem but couldn't find anything relevant. Here's my situation:

Two months ago, I started writing some basic scripts in Silk 5.0.2 to test a web site under IE 5.0. This went pretty well (after a few weeks of part-time work, I had some basic automation going). Then, disaster -- computer crash resulting in loss of hard drive, backup of my scripts disappeared, the typical nightmare scenario.

This week, I finally got over my grief and installed Silk, then started working on re-creating the scripts. Now, whenever I attempt to click on any object (HtmlLink, HtmlText, CustomWin, etc.) that is not onscreen at the time of the call to Click, I get an error that the object could not be found. I know I did not have this problem before my computer crashed.

Any advice would be most appreciated. TIA.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Unable to click offscreen object in browser

This sounds like an agent timing issue. You need to check the values you have set in -> Options>Agent> for Window Timeout and Application Ready timeout. What I think is happening is that silk is not finding the object before it runs out of time to do so. You will need to play with these values until you are happy with the stability and object recognition of the agent. Keep in mind that the defaults are used elsewhere in Silk if you do not specify optional time limits. For example in the method Exists() if you use ANYWIN.Exists (20) Silk will only look for the ANYWIN object for 20 seconds and then fail if you leave the optional parameter empty Silk will look for the object for as long as is specified in the Agents Options dialog.

Good Luck
    Tom

------------------