SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Using Silk w/ Blue Express Extensions

Has anyone had much experience using the Blue Express Extensions to test mainframe applications? I'm trying to find a way to read text in the custom window that Blue has not dynamically turned into a text field. If anyone has any suggestions they would be greatly appreciated.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Using Silk w/ Blue Express Extensions

Hi,

It has been a few years since I have used the Blue Express agent but as far as I can recall in the Express .ini file there should be options to map certain patterns on the screen to a particular object (either StaticText or TextField). Unfortunately I cannot remember the settings, though you may find them in the literature. However, another thing that you could try is setting focus to the object, typing keys to go to the start (Ctrl-Home), select the object text (Shift-Ctrl-End) and copy to the clipboard (Ctrl-C). Using the methods for the clipboard class you should be able to retrieve the text.

I hope that this helps.

John.

------------------

John O'Neill.
    Quality Automation Ltd.
    www.quality-automation.com
    John O'Neill.
    Quality Automation Ltd.
    www.quality-automation.com

Thanks John. I gave this a try. Unfortunately it looks like there is no way to set the focus on the custom window. I can only get the focus to move between the recognized text fields within the custom window. My problem is I need to read the screen text, which is dynamic, in order to select the correct text field. Right now, Blue does not recognize it at all. I'd even be happy to get it to see it as label.

I'm going to see if I can find any info in the documentation about the .ini settings.

Thanks again, Wendy

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wendy,
    The attributes assigned to the text are what cause it to appear (or not appear) as TextField or StaticText. You can have your developers look at it and possibly change the attribute of the particular text you want to read.

If redevelopment of the code is not possible, then the suggestion to configure Blue to "see" the text is all there is. I, too, don't recall as to which setting it is.

------------------