Thread: Tables

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tables

Can anyone help...

Within my windows application, I have a table. When I recorded a windows declaration for the table it failed to capture the columns and rows. It declared the table as one - no cells.

What I want to do is get the contents of a particular cell.

I tried the following:

note: the cell is already highlighted.

Clipboard.SetText ()
    Comparator.TypeKeys ("ctrl-insert") //copies cell
    Print (Clipboard.GetText())

This was just to test if it was actually getting the selected cell.

when it prints Clipboard.GetText(), it displays:

{}

It fails to get the text within the cell. I can't even manually select the text, it selects the cell rather than the text, as though it is a graph.

------------------
    Who Tests The Tester...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Tables

Seems we had a similar problem. We solved it by double-clicking on the the cell before the ctrl-insert. This selected the text in the cell and we were able to copy it to the clipboard.

------------------
    Bill Hull
    QA Engineer
    Timberline Software
    www.timberline.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by WillHull:
    Seems we had a similar problem. We solved it by double-clicking on the the cell before the ctrl-insert. This selected the text in the cell and we were able to copy it to the clipboard.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Double clicking still doesn't get the contents. Any other suggestions?

------------------
    Who Tests The Tester...
    Who Tests The Tester...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Try using whatever keystrokes you use when selecting the cell value manually (meaning not using the test tool). If you can select the cell value by pressing the Home key followed by Ctrl-Shift-End, then you should be able to use the TypeKeys () method in SilkTest to select the cell value. Same thing is true if your app uses Ctrl-A to select all and Ctrl-C to copy.
    Now if you are working with a Delphi grid...that's gonna cost you more

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gilbert:
    Try using whatever keystrokes you use when selecting the cell value manually (meaning not using the test tool). If you can select the cell value by pressing the Home key followed by Ctrl-Shift-End, then you should be able to use the TypeKeys () method in SilkTest to select the cell value. Same thing is true if your app uses Ctrl-A to select all and Ctrl-C to copy.
    Now if you are working with a Delphi grid...that's gonna cost you more

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Still no hope. I tried all the ctrl keys you mentioned and nothing.

I have spoken to the developers and the table is called a "Data Browser" for Visual Object language. Not sure if that will help or if any one could help me with this one...

------------------
    Who Tests The Tester...
    Who Tests The Tester...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Tsika: Sounds like the cell values are in some sort of Display-only mode. And if I am not mistaken, you cannot manually select the cell values using any of the keystroke combinations.
    hmm...Is there any other way of displaying these values such as via selecting the row and clicking on an Edit button/icon or maybe a Filter button.

If you can't select the cell values thru your apps GUI with the keyboard or mouse, then you'll have to use the DB functions (see Online Help for samples).

you can always bribe your programmers so they can add keyboard support in this area!
    What to give them? Let's see...how 'bout those nice pens from BetaSoft.com!!!

------------------