User Tag List

wsh
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Using the BrowserAuthentication window declaration

I am attempting to automate a site that has a login prompt requirement before the user is allowed to enter the site. I originally recorded a window declaration for this login pop up window and that did not work when I ran the testcase. I then came across the built in BrowserAuthentication window declaration and used that. I looked at the code for it in browser.inc and it is virtually the same as the one I had created. I cannot get either way to enter the username and password so I can proceed with the testing. It just prompts the login pop up and appears to click Cancel. Then the test is over and fails. I am using IE 5.5 on NT. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Using the BrowserAuthentication window declaration

In theory, if you have sLocation, sUserName, and sPassword defined for your BrowserChild object, SilkTest should load the page and deal with the BrowserAuthentication DialogBox automatically. Should. Doesn't seem to work.

I've heard that this may be fixed in the latest HotFix to SilkTest 5.5, but I haven't confirmed that myself.

What I've done in the past is alter my sLocation data member name to sRawLocation and then write a property called sLocation, as follows:

That's worked for me.

Good luck.

- Dave

------------------

Amelior Technology
    dreed@ameliortech.com
    WaltzingRhino.com
    A concerned Borland customer, a fly in the ointment, a wrench in the works.