SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Testing HTML Help

The help in our AUT uses HTML Help. Has anyone found a way to use the link tester to verify all the help hyperlinks? I got as far as adding HH.EXE as an extension. It recognizes the help text area as a browser child but does not see any hyperlinks.

------------------
    Matt Gray
    Kofax Image Products
    Matt Gray

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Testing HTML Help

Hi Matt,

Just copy your help files in to a WebServer. Give the path of your index.html file in the LinkTest's Base URL text box. It will verify all the links in your help file. Set the depth to 8 or 9.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've also heard (but not confirmed) that older versions of SilkTest actually see the hh.exe content as browser objects, which makes me think that the browser in hh.exe is something like IE 3.x compatible.

The Surgeon General has determined that backing down to an earlier version of SilkTest may be hazardous to your health.

To be really drastic, you could right-click in the HTML portion, view the source in Notepad, save it off to a file, and then view it in a regular browser. Or you could just verify the raw HTML that you get from View Source.

ick

- David

------------------
    ==================================================
    http://www.ameliortech.com
    dreed@ameliortech.com
    WaltzingRhino.com
    A concerned Borland customer, a fly in the ointment, a wrench in the works.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by yamini:
    Hi Matt,
    Just copy your help files in to a WebServer. Give the path of your index.html file in the LinkTest's Base URL text box. It will verify all the links in your help file. Set the depth to 8 or 9.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The help files are not true HTML; they are actually *.CHM files (Compiled HTML Help file). It is a type of on-line help that also happens to be called HTML Help (at least by our tech writers). I believe that it is the same format used by Microsoft for help in apps like Office 2000.

------------------
    Matt Gray
    Kofax Image Products
    Matt Gray

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Matt,

I had the same problem with .CHM file. I was not able to find any solution to test links on this type of file.

Sorry.

Yamini

------------------