SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Window Cannot Be Found Error

I am at a total loss with this one. I can record the window declarations for a dialog box, and when I try record window identifiers it recognizes everything properly. I can even record a testcase and it will correctly name all the controls.

However, when I attempt to run any testcases, whether recorded or coded manually, I immediately get an error saying that the window cannot be found...

I do know that there is something a little fishy going on with the Parent statement. First, the nesting is as follows:

MainWin
    -Tab
    --Frame
    ---Panel
    ----Pushbutton

When I click the button the dialog is displayed. If I record window declarations on the dialog, it says the parent is the Panel -- but it doesn't even compile when I leave it that way. If I change it to either MainWin or MainWin.Tab in the Parent statement, then all the recognition works fine as stated above and it compiles.

Regardless of what I've tried, the testcases fail immediately after opening the dialog.

~ Fred

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Window Cannot Be Found Error

Not exactly a "purists" move, but there have been occasions where I have removed the Parent statement altogether in order to get code to compile and run.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't know if this would help but I had a lot of similar Problems with a Java application. Anyway I put in a 1 second sleep before setting the Dialog active and this solved my problem.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unfortunately neither of these suggestions seem to work...

Any other ideas out there?

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Try messing around with the tag; if you remove the tag statement entirely from your window declaration, then that works pretty equivalently to "#1" i.e. it will use the first window it finds. If it recognises your dialog in this situation, then it's a problem with the tag (which most cases of Window Not Found turn out to be); otherwise, it must be something more obscure.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While Vince didn't quite give me the answer I was looking for, he did point me in the right direction.

I dumped the Parent statement altogether and modified the tag. Note that it still did not work in the form "MyParent/MyDialog".

I did yet another search of this forum, this time on the word 'Parent'. I was able to find a post with the missing piece and changed the tag to:

"~ActiveApp/MyDialog"

And now it works!

------------------