I have recorded declarations up front for all of the windows I will be using. When I then try to record App States, SilkTest gives me the wrong declaration for the window I am looking at, and instead uses one of the other declarations. This means that when I record actions, SilkTest says that it couldn't work out which window was being used. How can I tell SilkTest which window declaration it should be using at record time, and will this cause a problem when I play back the app state?
Need more info. Any one of a number of things might be going on here. It could be a problem with the tags for various windows being the same, so SilkTest picks the first one that matches, or it could be that your include files aren't being read in and compiled before you do your recording. Can you give some examples?
If either of your windows can be identified by the tag "$C:\Test\App\DT\ADT.exe", then you can't use it to identify either one of them individually. You do have different captions though; I would just go with the tags "Entity Datagroup Edit" and "Entity Foreign Edit" by themselves; you shouldn't get the same problem again.
I might be doing this wrong, but I have removed the multitag so the windows declaration uses just
tag "Windows Caption"
for each page, however now SilkTest can't find page 1. It works OK upto there even though I have removed the multitag for all pages (it was the same for all pages), but fails when it tries to find page 1. If I add the multitag back in for one of the pages I get the same problem as before.