SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DefaultBaseState

Whenever Silk finishes running a testcase or aborts a testcase due to an exception, it always closes the Browser windows. The result log always says, DefaultBaseState is closing Browser windows.

Is there some way by which I can prevent this from happening.

AJ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: DefaultBaseState

Yes there is,

When you 1st declare the frame a wMainWin is declared (if not set it).

This wMainWin has the URL which the Silk will try to get you back to.

Now if you don't have it and you would like a window to remain open, add it to the list of lwLeaveOpen = {...}
    This will make sure that the browser will not close (if the window is declared and has the same caption etc)

I realize you're just starting with SilkTest (I gathered that from the last 2 postings), if you are still having problems, read more about BaseStates and DefaultBaseState in the UsersGuide.

------------------
    AJ Alhait
    BetaSoft Inc.
    AJ Alhait
    BetaSoft Inc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi AJ,

I am new to Silk too and don't know how can this warning be removed from a Client/Server application result log?

My application is developed in VC++.

I tried adding 'caption of the window'(instead of URL), I want Silk to go back to but it didn't work for me.

Thanks in advance,
    Parag.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if you do not mention nay appstate then Silk by default brings the application status to default base status that it most likely your starting point of yr application.

testcase test1 () appstate none

the above declaration does not bring yr app back to starting point. leaves where ever u left. Well not a good idea to leave like this but its subjective.

------------------
    Sree
    Sree

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, it is a matter of preference. I never use the DefaultBaseState. All my scripts run with appstate none. I want total control of the test.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The error you are seeing could be due to a default browser being selected in the Runtime options dialog. Select none from that list box if your application is not browser based. The DefaultBaseState appstate will check to see if you have a default browser selected and will launch it if it isn't. If you haven't read through DefaultBaseState to see what goes on in there, I recommend it HEAVILY. It is a good thing to understand how the default error handling in SilkTest works, and therefore be able to tell how you might want/need to customize it for your application.

I wouldn't use appstate none for your testcases. In most cases DefaultBaseState does the correct thing, but you may want to modify it or add to it.

------------------
    James Soderborg
    http://www.ameliortech.com
    jamesso@ameliortech.com