User Tag List

Thread: Class Mapping

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Class Mapping

I have a huge application to test, and SilkTest recognises ALL of the controls as CustomWin because all of the common controls have been overridden. Is there any way I can globally declare a class mapping for all instances of the controls?

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Class Mapping

Hi,

I am not sure exactly what you mean by a global declaration for all instances of the CustomWins. By default, when you map a class, the mapping covers all instances of the that custom class. If you wish to quickly setup the class mapping themselves, that is you know the names of both the CustomWin class and the 4Test class, you could modify the 'ClassMap' section in the 'Partner.ini' file.

[ClassMap]
    MyCustomPushButtonClass=PushButton

I hope that this helps.

John.

------------------

John O'Neill.
    Quality Automation Ltd.
    www.quality-automation.com
    John O'Neill.
    Quality Automation Ltd.
    www.quality-automation.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Class Mapping

You can also use Option sets.

The way I prefer to do class mapping is to set up a list of string with all the mappings, and make the following Agent call in the TestcaseEnter function:

Agent.SetOption(OPT_CLASS_MAP,lsClassMappings)

This has the advantage of setting up the mappings automatically on whatever machine you run your tests on.

The disadvantage is that the mappings need to be set through the class map dialog, an option set, or through the .ini file on whatever machine you record declarations from. Since I create all my scripts from one workstation, this hasn't proven to be a big problem for me.

------------------