User Tag List

Thread: TabControl

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TabControl

The core of my app is a Tab Control with 20 + tabs on it. It supports multi-line, so I can't guarantee where a tab will be at any point in time. When I capture the declarations, SilkTest doesn't appear to see the individual tabs, and doesn't have a TabControl type that I can map to. How do I explicitly pick a tab to go to?

Cheers,

Sparks.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: TabControl

The TabControl should be represented in silktest by the PageList class; hopefully your window declaration will include one of these. The language reference entry for PageList has a complete explanation of how it's methods work.

------------------

[This message has been edited by vincebowdren (edited 07-03-2001).]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. What is the development environment for the app? Java, VB, C/C++, PowerBuilder, etc. They are a little different in this regard.
    2. Have you worked with the PageList (not TabControl) class of controls in SilkTest before? Just trying to determine experience level.
    3. How 'bout providing your window dec for us to see.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

If you are testing PowerBuilder or Delphi apps, you would need to record the declarations for each Tab and put them all together into one window declaration.

hope this helps!

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had the same problem, but I have only 10 tabs in my app.

Anyway, I tried mapping it to the OLESSTab to no avail, tried mapping it to the PageList control to no avail and decided that I needed to write a custom method.

This wasn't hard. I re-mapped my tabControl again as the OLESSTab and was about to write a complicated method that would explicitly check to see which controls were visible after sequentially proceeding through each tab. Then I realized that the tabs in my app have shortcut keys! The 'Select' method looks something like this:

winclass YourTab : OLESSTab
    ...tag "[YourTabClass]"

...Select (String strTab)

...derived::SetFocus ()

...switch strTab

......case "Tab1Caption"
    .........MainWin.YourTab.TypeKeys ("<Alt-u>")
    ......case "Tab2Caption"
    .........MainWin.YourTab.TypeKeys ("<Alt-v>")

Where you would include other derived methods as necessary (I doubt you will need any others), correct for your own variable names and declaration structure, and insert the applicable shortcut keys.

Be sure to let us know if this helps.

~ Fred

------------------

Edited to include preceding dots to show outline structure...

[This message has been edited by RagerXS (edited 07-18-2001).]