User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Using Bitmap to Verify Screens

Hi All,

Within my windows application, my screens rely on each other. Thus, I am capturing each screen as a bitmap to verify that it is correct. This is easier, as each screen has too many calculations on it, and there are so many text fields that I have to verify.

However, I know that using bitmap validation requires a lot of maintenance which requires time. Time I don't have. I have also noticed that in some instances, the test case fails as screens get changed in a new build. Therefore, I have to update the bitmap.

My question is, is there a better method I could use to get the contents of the whole screen in one go. I tried using GetEverything (), however all my screens have dates on them so I can't use GetEverthing (), unless there is a way to ignore certain objects when using GetEveryhing (). As far as I know, I don't think there is.

Can anyone help me out with a better solution, rather than using bitmap validation, to get the contents of the screen in one go.

Thanks in advance...

------------------
    Who Tests The Tester...
    Who Tests The Tester...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Using Bitmap to Verify Screens

why dont you verify the objects rather than the bitmaps, are you testing a web-based ui?

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TestArch,

I am using a Windows Bases Application. I don't want to validate just the objects on the screen. I need to validate values in the text fields, however there are too many text fields to validate individually per sceen, and there are too many screens. I want to know if there is a function to get all the values on the screen in one go. I tried GetEverything (), but I have dates on my screen, so I can't use that.

Any other suggestions?

------------------
    Who Tests The Tester...
    Who Tests The Tester...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tsika,

Have you got any solution to get the job done. I am currently in the same situation and supposed to test rich graphical data along with values in text fields...