User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Different versions of IE

I am testing a Web Application with SilkTest 5.0.3.2

SilkTest shows different window declerations on same OS (W2K) but I have different versions of IE on both the machines
    IE 5.00.2920.0000 & IE 5.50.4522.1800

But the problem does not stop here. If its just diff window decleration I can multitag it but at some places on machine 2 it shows a Button as BrowserChild and for the same button on machine 1 it shows it as a Button. I am not able to understand whats going on ??? My tests fail on the machine 2.

Also see the thread http://www.qaforums.com/Forum1/HTML/002135.html

How do I sought this problem ?

Any help on setting this problem right would be appreciated

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Different versions of IE

Hi,

First try following:
    1) On working machine. Go to Silk Test Options/Save New Options Set, give some name and save it.
    2) Took this file on second mashie. Go to Silk Test Options/Open Options Set.Choose the *.opt you saved on previous machine.
    It will make same configuration on both machines.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Archi (edited 06-28-2001).]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the root of the problem is that you're testing on both IE 5.0 and 5.5. In this case the additional numbers aren't the issue. I had a similar problem with my AUT.

As far as the same control showing up as a BrowserChild or a Button, that's a bit extreme. This WOULD be manageable via the window decs if you were talking about IE5 versus Netscape because you could prefix them with the "explorer5" and "netscape" GUI specifiers. However, SilkTest 5.0.3.2 doesn't have such a thing to distinguish between IE 5.05 and all IE5.x's before 5.5.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just wanted to state that I am having this same problem as well with the declarations being different in IE 5.01 and IE 5.5. My configurations are excact on the two machines and this is the only difference. Sorry I am not much help as far as solutions. I am looking for solutions to this problem as well. If anyone has any info please respond.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yesterday we had a Segue Demo and there the person told me that Silktest 5.0.3 does not support IE 5.5. & we are bound to have problems with that .
    Does anyone have more info on this

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's right SilkTest 5.0.3 does not support IE5.5, but SilkTest 5.0.3.x releases do.

------------------