User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

\"Control Not Responding\" error...

Hi,

I have a piece of code that checks a checkbox in a web application. It looks like this:

ChangeServiceOptions.HtmlTable1.HtmlColumn3.HtmlTa ble1.HtmlColumn1.AnonymousCallReject.Check()

When I run the testcase I can see the Agent actually checking the correct box but then I get the following error:

*** Error: Control is not responding. Occurred in Check

What gives? I even tried SetState() and Toggle() but the same error happens. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Robert

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: \"Control Not Responding\" error...

Bruce, Sounds like you can use "mapping" to solve the over-nested problem of Silk. Can you tell me in tails? I appreciate that...

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My guess would be that Silk is getting a bit lost in the tables. I tested an app where the multiple nested tables caused identification problems.

Try mapping those HtmlTables to Ignore and see if that helps.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if you are using VO you can disable table recognition completely(search this forum for the code).

If you are using DOM and your tables are invisible you can disable the table recognition also(see Silk's help)

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The class map feature in Silk can be found under the Options menu.

In the Custom Class text field type HtmlTable. Select Ignore from the Standard Class listbox and press the Add pushbutton.

After you do that, record the window declaration again. Test to see if the new declaration works better for you.

If it does, create a list of string with the class mapping in it. The format for each string is :

CustomClass=StandardClass

Now make the following call in either your testcase enter or script enter functions:

Agent.SetOption(OPT_CLASS_MAP,lsClassMappings)

You do this because your class mappings are local. That call insures the mappings will be loaded on every machine you test on. You could use option sets, but I personally don't.

Hope this helps.

Edit: One last thing I need to mention, this will cause Silk to ignore all HtmlTables. If you need to access a table inside a specific window, you can undo the class mapping before you access the window and restore it after you're done.
    ------------------

[This message has been edited by Bruce Cummins (edited 06-27-2001).]